Serena Williams begins the defense of her Wimbledon title at the top of the WTA women’s rankings, while her sister, Venus lands eight place.
The Wimbledon top seed remains on 8,330 points, while last year’s beaten finalist Garbine Muguruza is second on 6,712 ahead of Poland’s Agnieszka Radwanska (5,875) in the rankings released on Monday.
Madison Keys gains a place to ninth, while Petra Kvitova enters the top 10 at 10th. Switzerland’s Belinda Bencic drops out of the top 10 in a five-place fall to 13th.
WTA top 10 as of June 27
1. Serena Williams, United States, 8,330 points
2.Garbine Muguruza, Spain, 6,712
3. Agnieszka Radwanska, Poland, 5,875
4. Angelique Kerber, Germany, 5,330
5. Simona Halep, Romania, 4,372
6. Victoria Azarenka, Belarus, 4,191
7. Roberta Vinci, Italy, 3,405
8. Venus Williams, United States, 3,116
9. Madison Keys, United States, 3,061
10.Petra Kvitova, Czech Republic, 2,876.